Is anybody else scared shitless?
I’m not talking about ISIS, I’m talking about Donald Trump. I’ve often wondered how Hitler could have pulled the wool over an entire country’s eyes. Of course back then there were no cell phones or Internet, so I can imagine it would be easy for people to be brainwashed.
In this age of information, with fact checking literally a click away, why would anyone follow a ranting psychotic?
Most people I know don’t want to talk about Donald Trump because he’s so obviously unqualified to be a president. He represents an extreme caricature of a Republican presidential candidate. A joke. He’s a cartoon of the Party.
Up until now the press has given him front and center on a near constant basis, picking apart his most egregious statements, but in general not bothering to expend a lot of energy on someone who is, well, not really newsworthy …except for the fact that he’s a demented, attention-seeking, ego-maniacal nutcase who has the audacity to run for President of the United States, all the while spewing random fear-and-violence-based, bigoted, self-serving epiphanies that make no sense into the ears of gullible, news-challenged supporters.
For those with no imagination, here’s what a Donald Trump presidency would look like:
- Presidential decisions and foreign policy will be dictated based upon Donald Trump’s whims — who’s pissed him off lately and who’s kissed his ass lately.
- Trump properties, casinos, and brand name will go through the roof. Governance will center around making him and his friends richer.
- No Muslims will be allowed in the country, except the military. In other words, you’re welcome if you’re here to die fighting for *our* country. Otherwise, stay out.
- Muslims that are here already are at risk for internment. Trump doesn’t believe that internment is required just yet, but he doesn’t rule it out as a possibility.
- A massive roundup of illegal immigrants will reroute all police and FBI activity, maybe even National Guard in order to do house to house searches. The security vacuum left in law enforcement will empower gang warfare and/or organized crime.
- The government will perform “unspeakable” things in order to track down terrorists (Trump’s words).
- When a terrorist is caught, his or her entire family will be massacred (“taken out” is the word Trump euphemistically used).
- The Internet will be shut down (yes he’s said that he doesn’t want to do it, but it *must* be done until we can get a handle on “what’s going on”).
- Gun ownership will explode. Trump says that if people in San Bernardino and Paris had had guns that they knew how to use, those tragedies never would have happened.
- All business with Muslim countries will have to close. That means businesses across the board will need to restructure themselves to accommodate this self-imposed embargo. Sounds a lot like what Russia is going through right now — the punishment of citizens at the whim of a frivolous dictator.
- We will lose diplomatic credibility around the world for our isolationist policies.
- We will pull out of Syria, because Trump wants to let Russia bomb the hell out of Syria for us. With Russia destroying all Assad opponents, the ISIS stronghold will explode into the void and they will gain an established land hold. Trump wants to steal the oil, though. Maybe that means sending troops in just long enough to figure out how to do that. Or maybe that’s where his business acumen comes in, I dunno. I hope his business acumen knows how to transport oil from a country that hates your guts with a passion through a region that hates your guts pretty much with the same passion.
- The rest of the 5.6 million Syrians who are still there will be pushed out of the country to wander around starving, dying and homeless. As tragic as that would seem, it would be “not our problem”, thanks to Donald Trump. When Mark Zuckerberg announced donating Facebook shares to charity, Trump tweeted “suckers”.
- Other “brown” religions will be at risk (Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist).
- Under Trump, support for the lower and middle class will disappear. Unrest will escalate, and those precious guns will begin to serve their purpose in completely eliminating the lower class.
- Home-grown ISIS pockets will begin to appear, most likely amongst the impoverished lower class that will now have nothing to lose.
- White supremacy will hit mainstream, now that Trump has given it validation. Violence against minorities will escalate. Who knows the effect this will have with the rest of the world.
- The Trump administration’s big accomplishment will be the building of border walls bigger and better than the Wall of China. He will throw his administration into spending a year haggling and threatening Mexico and Canada to fund these walls. When it finally dawns on Trump that Mexico and Canada don’t have the funds and/or don’t give a shit even if they did, Trump will pull money from places like defense, infrastructure, and welfare to self-fund it. That might not be too big of a problem, though, because by that time ISIS will have forged passports from all over the world (except Syria …and Mexico, of course), checked [Christian] on their Customs forms, and then wiped us all out with our own weaponry!
- The Republican congress will push to pass every single proposal by Trump, whether it’s constitutional or not. The Party’s push to piss off Democrats is INFINITELY stronger than any ethical sense of governing. You beg to differ? Read the news. Marco Rubio just snuck in a bill that defunds funds needed to support Obamacare. That means more insurance companies will raise premiums and pull out of their participation. He has no reason to do this except for the sole purpose of helping to make Obamacare fail for his own political gain, railroading consumers in need of health insurance in the process. In the Republican congress, only Lindsey Graham has publicly stated he will not support Trump. Everyone else, even as they decry the challenge to our fundamental American values and rights — not to mention the unbelievable threat to the country this sort of rhetoric generates — will nonetheless honor their vow to support the Republican nominee, even if it happens to be Donald Trump. The welfare of the GOP Party appears to be even more important to them than taking an absolute and immediate no-tolerance stand against threats to the basic tenets of our Constitution and demanding that he withdraw his candidacy.
When you hear people laugh at a hypothetical Trump presidency as though it’s all a big joke, think about how horribly unfunny and catastrophic the terror of this man in the Oval Office will be. He’s a deranged despot waiting in the wings — an extremist right-wing cult figure roaring downhill amassing fervor among the disenfranchised fringe, dragging the entire country through the mud in the process. That’s not funny at all.
Before more people have to suffer because of the hate @realDonaldTrump ‘s words incite, I add my voice to the list of people who call upon @realDonaldTrump to withdraw his candidacy as President of the United States. #Trump2016 #TheRealDonaldTrumpMustGo